Faith Baptist Church was established on February 12, 1956 when 57 people met at a building on the corner of Warren and Drexel Road in Dearborn Heights. Three and a half years later, they built and moved into their first building on Ford Road in 1959, with attendance over 200. The building that God had provided by 'Faith' soon became too small for the growing congregation and a new building was built in 1964 with attendance over 400.
From the beginning the church began supporting missions and attributes this to their wonderful growth. Today they support over 160 missionaries and projects.
Rev. Donald Gregory was the founder and pastor for almost 53 yrs. Upon his retirement in July of 2008, Rev. Barry Bedwell assumed the pastorate and continues to lead Faith into new phases of ministry and growth.
Faith Baptist Church has come a long way from the simple days in the school house on Brenner but has never ceased to be a strong lighthouse of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
At the beginning of April, 2017, church services will be held in interim locations as they await the construction and relocation of a new facility, which should be finished by the spring of 2018.
Our Lord has wonderful plans for us...and the best is yet to come!